Gameboy (DMG) Retro Pixel IPS LCD + Centering Bracket
If you're looking for a crisp, full-sized backlit LCD for your Game Boy, look no further than this IPS LCD kit from Funnyplaying. This kit contains everything required to give your old DMG a bright new display. In addition, the viewing area is 11% bigger than the stock display, meaning you will have to trim the shell a little bit!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- LCD replacement for original Game Boy
- Includes replacement front PCB with button contacts
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- Minor shell trimming required (screw posts and viewport)
- 8 different color modes to choose from
- Brightness control (replaces contrast wheel)
- 1 x IPS LCD
- 1 x Ribbon cable adapter
- 1 x Glass Lens
- 1 x PCB
- 1 x FPC
- 1 x 3D-printed centring bracket
- 1 x Foam tape
- The files for the 3D printed bracket can be found on the Retro Modding Thingiverse, here
- This is an aftermarket product and may not feel identical to its genuine counterpart
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the tape, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD.
- Some minor shell modification is required, involving cutting the screw posts on the interior front of the shell. This trimming can be accomplished with a pair of side cutters.
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.