Version two of Funny Playing's Retro Pixel IPS for GBC is here! With all the features you love from version one, this edition includes a number of additions; most notably, a screen lens that comes already adhered to the LCD.
- Illuminated "Game Boy Color" logo in a variety of colors
- Crisp, vibrant display
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- 25% larger than stock LCD
- Multi-level touch brightness control
- 5 display modes (default / none, vertical scanlines (standard, dark, or thick), and retro pixel grid)
- Laminated screen lens eliminates the need for lens installation
- Controls to adjust positioning of LCD image
The functionality of the LCD is as follows:
- A short tap of the touch sensor will cycle through brightness levels
- A long hold of the touch sensor will cycle through retro pixel effects
- A long hold of start + select will enter function mode; holding start + select again will exit function mode
- While in function mode:
- Tapping the touch sensor will "select" different words in the GBC logo
- With "game" selected, start and select will move the display up and down
- With "boy" selected, start and select will move the display left and right
- With "color" selected, start and select will cycle through color options for the GBC logo
- 1 x IPS LCD with laminated screen lens of your choice
- 1 x ribbon cable
- 1 x touch brightness controller
- Some soldering is required
- We recommend using this LCD with Funny Playing's GBC shells, as they are designed to make installation of this kit as easy as possible; while this kit can be installed on other shells, some shell modification is required to accommodate the pre-adhered lens
- Ribbon is very fragile, be sure to install carefully.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Color. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- Too much pressure can permanently damage the screen and result in rows of dead pixels. Do not force the shell closed around the LCD. Ensure the shell is properly trimmed for the IPS LCD before attempting to install it.
- Retro Gaming Store Australia / Australian Stock
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.
- Ribbon cable is fragile; be sure to install it carefully.