Funny Playing IPS LCD Replacement For Game Boy Pocket GBP
If you're looking for a high-quality backlit LCD for the Game Boy Pocket, look no further than this IPS display by Funny Playing! Featuring a simulated pixel grid, a variety of colour palettes, and brightness control, the IPS LCD is an essential modification for the retro handheld!
Please read the product description carefully and in its entirety before purchasing.
- Bright, backlit LCD
- Multi-stage brightness control
- 36 different color palettes
- Simulated pixel grid to maintain the retro aesthetic
- Proportional image
- Fast refresh rate with no blur
- Wide viewing angle
- Mounting bracket compatible with both OEM and aftermarket shells
- 1 x IPS LCD
- 1 x Ribbon cable
- 1 x 3M tape
- 1 x Centering Bracket
- The files for the 3D printed bracket can be found on our Thingiverse, here
- Some shell trimming is required for installation
- Minor soldering is required (two wires)
- When the grid line mode is turned on, some game scenes will flash when switching, which is a refresh problem of the motherboard of the console itself. This flashing is expected, and temporary.
- We strongly recommend testing the display before installing it in your Game Boy Pocket. Once the foam tape is applied to your shell, it cannot be safely removed. Please confirm the kit is working before connecting the foam, bracket, and LCD. We are unable to accept returns on kits that have been installed in a console. Individual replacement parts are available above in the "Included" section.
- AUS / Australian Stock
- Replacement part
- LCD may break under pressure or if dropped. We recommend you exercise care when installing this product.