Gameboy (DMG) Backlight
Give your original Gameboy a second life with the Retro Modding Gameboy backlights. We carry all three of RM's unique models, each available in a range of colors. With options geared towards modders of all levels of experience, it's never been so easy to light up your favorite DMG!
The Retro Modding store brand Density Game Boy backlights are targeted towards modders with basic soldering skills.
The Density backlights are designed by ASM.
Skill level: Intermediate
- Compatible with the DMG and MGB
- Connected to regulated power (no dimming)
- 4 LEDs mounted vertically
- Completely preserves power LED and LCD housing
- Built-in resistor
- Machine molded polarized film can be rotated 90 degrees without lifting the LCD
- No pre-attached wires
- Small 1.2 mm panel footprint (1.4 mm total thickness)
- Please follow our installation tutorial
- 1 x Density backlight panel in a color of your choosing
- 1 x Bidirectional or omnidirectional polarized film
- 1 x Set of hookup wires
- The sticker is placed on the back of the product and is intended to serve as a guide for which way to position the backlight
- The White Density V2 is quite a bit brighter than the V1 and must be paired with a bivert board to produce a clear image. The V1 can be used without the bivert board, though using one is strongly recommended.
- The Olive-Green Density backlight is relatively dimmer than the other color options; be advised when ordering
These backlights are intended for more experienced modders. The resistors aren't integrated, so you can enjoy greater customization in exchange for a slightly more intensive installation process.
These backlights are designed and supplied by Deadpan Robot.
Skill level: Advanced
- No built-in resistor—add your own resistor and choose to have the backlight as bright or as faint as you want it to be
- Larger solder pads
- Flexible printed circuit board
- 1 x Deadpan Robot backlight panel in a color of your choosing
- 1 x Polarized film
- 1 x 100 Ohm resistor (150 Ohm for orange)